Professional indemnity cover

You’ll need to advise your Overseas Trained Doctor (OTD) about what professional indemnity cover they need for a particular medical job.

If you’re employing the OTD, you’ll need to check with your professional indemnity insurer regarding your liability for their practice. It is also recommended that your OTD becomes familiar with the requirements of the MBA’s professional indemnity insurance registration standard, as this is a requirement for registration/practice in Australia.

Medical indemnity cover