The TIS program provides funding to Quitlines to improve their capacity to provide accessible and appropriate services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Enhancements for young people, pregnant women and new mothers are included. The funding has also supported employment of Indigenous staff.
- Cancer Institute NSW - iCanQUIT
- Quit Victoria – Aboriginal Tobacco Control
- Cancer Council SA – Quit SA – Aboriginal Quitline Counsellors (also services NT)
- Quit Tasmania – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People Medicines to help you stop Smoking
- Western Australian Quitline Enhancement Project
- Queensland Government - Quitline
Brief Intervention training
Quitskills training, delivered by the Cancer Council of South Australia, is continuing in 2015-16. This component of the program has increased the number of suitably trained professionals working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander smokers. Training in best-practice intervention methods has been delivered to those in community controlled and mainstream organisations.
Back to top